09 August 2011

I am "NORMAL"

Tupac (my white BlackBerry Bold 9700) is beyond repair. I suppose if I summon enough powers and provide more offerings to the BlackBerry gods, they will and they might resuscitate the poor thing. However, to save me from enough heartache, I decided to let Tupac go....

I am not only letting go of a unit per se. I am letting go of all of my BlackBerry Messaging Contacts, my 24/7 Twitter and FaceBook via SocialScope extravaganza, and not to mention my addictions to Foursquare and GetGlue. I am not sure how long I will survive.

Enter Halifax, the iPhone 3G I am temporarily using until I can get a decent replacement for Tupac. While I like the shimmy of the iPhone (who uses shimmy anyway) to the tune of Bam-Bam-Bam with all its animations, the poor battery life of the poor thing is beyond comprehension. I get 15 hours of juice from Tupac's battery not to mention that I carry a spare battery all the time (that being said, I am covered for one day of social networkpalooza). The signal is so poor that I get Edge when I should be getting 3G... yada yada yada.

I had tons of complaints and a lot of hangups with the loss of my BB Service, until Bryan, my friend simply told me this: "Couldn't this be another chapter of your life unfolding?"

Could it be? 

I miss the noise that Twitter mentions and DMs create on my Tupac, the over the top ringtones and music playlists, the BBM Messages of friends and coworkers (including my bosses), and I miss the round the clock emails. But more importantly..., I have come to realize that I have been missing on quality time for myself, on being more "human" and less of a BlackBerry slave, on appreciating SMS and its less stressful approach...

I miss being  "regular", I miss being "human".....

Might as well enjoy this sojourn then..... before I decide to get Solstice (yes, that's the name of my next BlackBerry).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?