23 February 2014

We're Wicked!

This is one of those days where one keeps thinking is this worth the wait? Is this worth my money (common we paid a hefty sum for those almost front row seats)? Are the actors good enough? Is the production spectacular?

All questions answered, all expectations met, even exceeded. As early as 12 noon, CCP Theater was already filled with spectators taking pictures and selfies.

We were not exempted.....


I wonder what he and Glinda are exchanging whispers about......


Considering that I have been up all night and have not slept due to a pressing emergency at work, I wonder how I have managed to summon the energy for this. He, on the other hand is in his usual preppy self.

We never realized how close we were to the stage until we entered. It wasn't anything like this in the online diagram of seat arrangements. Oh well.

The stage looks rather small from certain angles maybe because of the intricate mechanisms involved. I love the backdrop though

And more selfies....

I wasn't exaggerating when I said that the stage had intricate mechanisms and elaborate props. Look at this dragon on top. It is a prop but it also has a mechanism which adds effect to certain scenes.

and selfies.....

The cast waving the audience farewell after one great show


I have to admit,I have been Glindafied! Glinda and Elphaba were my favorite among the cast. The actors playing these roles were perfect to be each others' opposing force. I would have hoped to see Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth perform but Ali Calder (standby for Jemma Rix) and Suzie Mathers were both forces to be reckoned with.

I love how Ali can go from one vocal range to another and how Suzie would bring Glinda to life. Many will agree with me though when I say that the highlight of the show was Ali singing Defying Gravity with that spine tingling voice. That alone gave me goosebumps(maybe because most people are familiar with the song thanks to Glee)

I would love to see them over and over and over again......












No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?