31 May 2011

Goodbye Pic-Link

It is official. Pic-link is shutting down on June 07, 2011 after being a melting pot of ideas and friendships for the longest time.  It’s a sad thought to say goodbye to something which helped budding bloggers like I am express ourselves thru our journals, at a time when there was no other avenue to do so, other than to maintain a written journal.

It was 2004 when I first stumbled upon Pic-Link. Like it’s successors Face Pic, Face Party and now the reformatted Friendster, Pic-Link, was probably the first online community where people and most bloggers interacted freely, criticized each other’s writing styles, dated and got hitched, and witnessed the drama of people unfold.

After seven years, Pic-Link finally bids goodbye.  I have no idea as to what the new format will be like, hopefully, something better. I do know though, I am forever grateful to Pic-Link for helping me get in touch with my demons, my creative side and with my heart.

Thank you fellow Pic-link members for being with me all these years. Your comments, your friendship, your criticisms are greatly valued.

And to that someone who made me fall in love......, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?