11 May 2008

A Chapter Closes.... A Story Begins



I didn't realize that it will take me this soon to set foot here. I've always told myself that I wanted to keep Galera's memories same as the day I first set foot in there two years ago. But I guess, fate just sometimes plays tricks on you and you find yourself in circles, retracing your steps and seeing old and familiar faces.

I guess it's about time a chapter in my life closes. After all, that chapter began here, the story progressed with Galera as part and parcel of it and its just fitting that all characters die and the story ends here. And again... fate just had to play with me and all the characters involved. Was it a ploy to start a new chapter? Deus ex machina for the lead character? Or was it just plain bullshit.

Yes... I met the antagonist today (my ex). I dunno how.... I dunno why. But I guess sometimes, you just have to have faith in fate and believe that she knows what the fuck she's doing. Well I don't. Put it this way... what do you say to someone you spent two years of your life with, disappeared without a trace and didn't even bother to explain face to face why. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if the person initiates a conversation, it is out of kindness? That would be fucking twisted.

But I guess my parents raised me well and so I replied with a cordial nod when I heard my name. I think that was fair enough considering what was done to me. And I so remembered one of my ex's texts.... " Rich, I don't care anymore", date and time stamped March 22, 2008, 10:51 pm. ( Oh yes, I kept each and every text to remind me not to be played like this ever again). So why the hell should I care?

But I remembered... my ex and I talked about beig friends and I promised my ex we will be friends... I dunno how its gonna work. But I am a man of my word. But I believe for friendships to work, both parties have to have a conscious effort of making it work. I never saw any...... and I wasn't the one who left so.. go figure....

Its just that how can you take the word of someone who can't even have the courtesy of showing face? Again... faith ....... a little faith ....... If we were meant to be friends, we will be friends. On my part...., I have given the person all the time to talk to me for over a month, lets say even today.... but nada.... so do the math.

I took time to just sit at Jurassic today early 6am till about 9am just to throw back and cast to the sea all images of places, people and events in my mind. I dont want any of it anymore. Its taking up space and I have to make room for new memories.

So how does this story end? We both walk away in opposite directions and we never look back. We are both happy with the choices we made, we stand by the choices we made, we both have moved on from what has been ---- a pretend whirlwind love affair that never was. Just a big overplayed, over extended LIE.

The End.








THE DAY YOU WENT AWAY
by: Wendy Matthews

Hey, does it ever make you wonder what’s on my mind
I, I was only ever running to your side
I never cried, I just watched my life go by
It’s just a pack of lies,
’cause you’re leaving me behind
Why, after this long is there nothing
I’ll keep, oh, I can shout
you’ll pretend you’re falling asleep
I live a lie, yeah, believing that you’re mine
It’s just a waste of time
’cause you’re leaving me behind

Hey, there’s not a cloud in the sky
It’s as blue as your goodbye
and I thought it would rain
on a day like today
Hey, there’s not a cloud in sight
it’s as blue as your blue goodbye
and I thought it would rain
the day you went away

Hey, does it ever make you wonder what’s on my mind
I was only ever running back to your side
Hey, there’s not a cloud in the sky
it’s as blue as your goodbye
and I thought it would rain
on a day like today

Hey, there’s not a cloud in sight
it’s as blue as your blue goodbey
and I thought it would rain
the day you went away

He’s on the buses, and the aeroplanes
with some groceries and a sleeping bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?