21 July 2004

Dementia

It has been over two months that I spent days and nights loving you….yet, why can’t I remember your face? Two months or so that I have kept you in my heart, then why can’t I feel your warmth? I must be dead…..for my senses fail me as well. Even my mind slyly denies me of memories of you.

I do recall a faint resemblance of a figure…Was it in my dream? A mirage perhaps, or a ghost of my past haunting me. But the faintness of the entity disillusions my thoughts from believing that such being even existed… Or was it you? I don’t remember.

I’ve forgotten how happiness feels like; neither do I recall the pain sadness brings…Have I forgotten to feel? Maybe… Perhaps its a reply to the harshness the world has shown me….But who are you anyway? I
can’t seem to recall.

Why am I even writing this? Have I lost purpose that I know not what sanity is? Still, I don’t know who you are!

 Soon, I shall forget the thought of inquiring about your existence, for the same thought persuades me to believe that I do know you. Try as I may, I don’t remember our paths crossing…So, tell me…who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?