20 July 2004

You Really Couldn't Wait

I was joking this afternoon as to how my officemates would choose the lottery numbers so that in case all three of us or if any of us would win, we could help you with your chemo. But you just couldn't wait.....

Three days ago, I called almost the entire batch to finalize the fund drive I was organizing for you, so at least, it would help you with your medication, but you simply couldn't wait......

I still have the last SMS you sent me, the one where you were asking for my help to get you thru with your pain. I really don't have the resources, you know that. I'm just some underpaid and overworked junkie who has crap for a savings account..., but I managed to apply for a loan to help you. Still, you couldn't wait....

You died today, and no one told me. At least no one had the courage to tell me. It was my mom who broke everybody's silence about your demise... You just couldn't wait.... You always were in a hurry....

Wherever you are, I hope you are at peace and are happy. I hope you'll get all the comfort that we couldn't give you, for you were there for me and my classmates when we needed you. We will always remember you - a mother, a professor, a friend.....

1 comment:

  1. Comment by: molecules25
    Posted on: 07-19-2004 @ 12:14 pm



    ganun talaga ang buhay...my deepset symphathy condolence....


    [ Delete Comment ]


    Comment by: kickerz_18
    Posted on: 07-19-2004 @ 12:10 pm

    condolence... you're such a good friend. she must be really proud. let's just be happy that the pain is gone. someday you'll definitely meet again, and she'll be there to greet you with a smile, saying... "the pain is gone..."


    [ Delete Comment ]


    Comment by: fudge
    Posted on: 07-19-2004 @ 12:08 pm

    losing someone you actually care for of fond of is tough. if it's any consolation at all, i'd like to hazard a thought: people come and go, surprise us with unexpected arrivals or quietly drift away. it's not the appearance or departure that counts; it's what happens in between that truly enriches our lives. and for that shining moment you come to realize that the yawning gaps between daybreaks and evenings have good reasons, never wasted. that life, with its memories prove that even to you it can be good. and when we remember that, those who left are not really gone...


    [ Delete Comment ]

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?