29 March 2008

A Loveletter - Rephrasing Elizabeth Barret Browning

Dear You,

You may be too wrapped up trying to untangle yourself from a personal mess
but that doesn't mean i stopped caring...or my affection has subsided.

How do i care for thee?

I started caring for you at the most inconvenient of places - a website.
Intrigued by your old description and the overflowing honesty..and witty bitchiness.. I initiated a conversation.

I continued caring over message exchanges in the site.... which has progressed to phone conversations--a sweet precursor of dreams, a warmth that awakens me in the morning.

i haven't stopped caring...

i started caring for you at the most unholy hours when despite the tiredness we manage to share a hearty laugh;

I started caring when you spill out your dreams and aspirations.... when you traipse the fond lines of being amusingly silly to being downright romantic;

I started caring for you when you do a charming self-deprecating stance; do voices....and by simply being present at the end of the line...

I started caring when looking out of the window... a breeze touches my cheeks and i know the same wisp of air touches yours

I started caring when i try to ponder on the infinity of the stars and i know you are out their somewhere blanketed by the same evening sky, the same parade of constellations;

I started caring when i take late night walks because it is as comfortable and refreshing as the sound of your cheerful chirps on my cellphone; i started caring when my sms register flashes your name on the screen and i know for a fact it's a manifestation of emotional honesty waiting to be opened, read and cherished.

There are many ways to express how and when i started caring for you.... and i'm not even halfway there. everyday i discover new ways.

I care for your... to put it simply if the previous lines fail to drive the point.

BUT, i guess, as things turned out, i, from now on, will not have a company in my journey, no one to walk beside me,

Our laughter tearing will not shred indifferent silences, our steps, unhurried, will not reach anywhere.

Our arms will not be anchored on each other's shoulders. and we will no longer be to able share the calmness of the day, a smile on our faces, bright as that of a child, crisp as the prisms of the ocean's tides.

I am fallen....

I will forever cherish you....

Take care dear... keep smiling...

Love,

Me

1 comment:

  1. Comment by: kickerz_18
    Posted on: 06-01-2008 @ 10:46 am

    a good read :) i could relate to it, and could almost feel it.


    [ Delete Comment ]


    Comment by: tatay
    Posted on: 05-31-2008 @ 09:13 am

    wow..... this one blew me away..... nice.


    [ Delete Comment ]

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?