13 July 2011

My Battle with Hypertension Day1

Today I had to wake up very early to anticipate my trip to the clinic (yeah right, as if I live far from it). I was so eager to have my blood pressure taken this morning, as I was advised by the doctor that it is the best time to have the BP checked.

As soon as I got to the clinic, the nurse immediately took my BP which read 150/90. I almost cursed at her for doing that, but I just let out a simple "Miss bakit ang taas?" (Miss, why so high?). She excused herself and asked me if I were tired, to which I explained I just walked from home to their clinic (yes I had to take the fucking stairs because the elevator isn't working). After resting for five (5) minutes, my BP read 120/90. Wheeew!

As I was overexcited, I accidentally took a tablet of Simvastatin after breakfast (instead of before bedtime) which explains why I'm sooooo sleeeeeepy. Oatmeal for breakfast and toast seemed a healthier option, Milo Choco Drink instead of coffee and Lola B's Nilagang Baka minus the soup for lunch.

Tonight , I hope to exercise like old times, but I was advised to sleep early again, so I really don't know how this will work. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?