14 July 2011

My Battle with Hypertension Day2

Last night's attempt to exercise was futile. I had the same feeling of heaviness in my head and I decided to rest. I chewed on a piece of garlic and I suppose the magnesium content of Milo helped lower my BP. I did not get a reading though.

Today, I had my BP monitored again at 120/90, pretty much stable (I hope)and relatively lower than my first checkup. I was told by the younger nurse friends that 120/80 is no longer the normal BP, rather, it is prehypertensive, and I was advised again to undertake steps to lower my BP.

My diet consists of mainly oatmeal and Milo, though I have my usual Banaba-Basil Green Tea, two (2) liters of it for the entire day. I shall take another 20mg dose of Simvastatin before bedtime, hopefully, to aid in my cholesterol synthesis and to help me sleep better.

Two days, and counting......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?