07 March 2012

ALIAS Revisited

Okay, it is 11:32 and my neurons are active like mosquito larvae. I am not sure if this is an effect from too much exposure to reruns of Alias where I had to watch Arvin Sloane be good, then bad, and good... common people, don't you get it? Sloane = EVIL. That's a simple equation for you. Now I understand how the producer(s) have milked this baby for five long years of cat and mouse hunt.

But ALIAS had a cult-like following during our time (during our time talaga?). I do remember rushing home once a week just to make sure I never miss an episode, well, until I learned that the debedee boys of Quiapo could actually provide me with an entire season to watch. No, I am not promoting piracy. I am merely being ecstatic about it.

As I join Sydney Bristow, Michael Vaughn, and the gang save the world many times over, I couldn't help but wonder, it must be fun working for an agency..... not the one that books travels of course, but you get my drift. As I witness Jack Bristow and Irina Derevko fighting over and over again, I am glad I never got married.

Courtesy of IMDB

If this were real life and by the looks of it, war has become a business, terrorism a driving force of any economy, and the men and women risking their lives to save the world are merely pawns in the endless display of power.

To all the Sydneys, The Michaels, the Dixons, the Rachels, The Marcials, and the Jacks of the agencies you represent, thank you for making this world safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?