03 March 2012

Suroy Suroy sa Sugbu : Basilica Minore del Santo Niño de Cebu

A typical Cebu City walkaround will not fail to include a visit to the Bacilica del Santo Niño de Cebu, formerly known as The San Agustin Church. The spot where the church stands is believed to be the same spot where the image of the Santo  Niño was found by Spanish conquistadors in 1565, preserved in a wooden box after the Ferdinand Magellan expedition in 1521. 

Unfortunately, I am not going to give you a historical lecture as I am not qualified to go into the details. However, I can say that the architecture of this church resembles that of the old cathedrals in the Philippines. Never fail to check out the paintains and other relics scattered all over the church.

As I am fascinated by black and white, I have decided to showcase the Basilica in the same fashion.

Enjoy!



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?