28 February 2012

Varicella....err....Day2

On my way to the office yesterday, I noticed a blister on my left elbow. I dismissed it as nothing, well, it's just a small blister. Halfway across the day, another blister popped out on my right elbow followed by another (which I accidentally squished) on my chest because I didn't see it anyway. Then it hit me..... could I have chicken pox?

I had to ask the opinions of co-workers over the matter and they concluded it MIGHT be chicken pox. But of course, who could give expert opinion other than my best friend and another doctor friend whom I sent pictures of my blisters (now there's another in my tummy and two more in my chest) via BBM. Both of them confirmed I have chicken pox. Oh my effing gawd! I can't have chicken pox! 

I had to warn co-workers by changing my status in YM. Another friend, who saw my status, just had to set me on panic by saying that her co-worker has been absent from work for half a month now because of chicken pox. I figured.... I can NEVER NEVER NEVEEEEEEEER be gone for that long. That's madness! Who get's off of work that long?

As precautionary measure, I had to finish all tasks that might be affected, sent emails to my boss just in case I won't be able to report for work. For crying out loud, this fever is already killing me.

And as expected, I woke up looking like a cactus. It gets worse..... and it will get worse....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?