01 February 2012

Page 32 of 366 Book 2012

Damn. My Blackberry fell again. I feel bad every time I drop Sojourn (my Blackberry's name) because it is a part of my existence. It's like the teddy bear I keep close when I was four or five, the bike I couldn't let go of when I was around 10.. well you get the drift.

Technology has indeed advanced in unimaginable ways to the point that it makes us smile. Yes it does. Things have changed since 2009 when I got my first Blackberry. But because the word unlimited never existed in terms of data plans during that time and there only very few of us who had Blackberries then, I never really got to enjoy using a Blackberry until 2010. Since then, I never wanted any other phone.

Looking back during college, I remember my first cellular phone it was a huge Motorola 888, something one would see in war movies. Large and long antenna FTW! This was followed by the evolution of Nokia phones (the big ones). Cellular communication was much more simple then - there were only two ways to go: Call or Text. And when one calls, it better be important considering the exorbitant rates way back then. There was even a time that SMS was free.  Those were the days.

Now, SMS is an alien concept to me. I can count the number of time I would SMS anybody in a day. I rely too much on BBM and my data services for applications like Yahoo Messenger, LiveProfile, and other data-dependent messaging applications. Add on to that, everybody I know, especially people from work are all Blackberry users so I cannot imagine life without a Blackberry. (Well of course I can, it's just that it's more exaggerating if you put it that way)

Technology will continue to evolve and who knows soon, we will all be using a different platform for our messaging needs. But for now, you will have to pry my Blackberry from my dead cold hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?