26 January 2012

Page 26 of 366 Book 2012

I decided to not think about anything else tonight. Enough of world peace for tonight, the world can use a little war so that it can rebuild itself, can strengthen bonds among nations and can make people realize how ephemeral and fleeting life is.

At this moment, I am not going to think about hunger or why is there scarcity of food. The world is already overpopulated as it is and I guess, people dying everyday due to lack of food is nature's way of putting tabs. I won't think about those dying of illnesses tonight, mainly because, I believe we are doing thema favor of letting them rest from their burdens.

Still, right now, I won't think about people who have gone missing. Maybe it's their way of finding themselves and moving on to better lives. I won't think about families who have grown apart, because that incidence of such division causes the same family to realize the value of family itself.

I won't think about the depleted mountains, the drying rivers, the poluted air. How arrogant is the human race to think that we matter to this planet. How little is our intelligence in saying that we need to save the planet. We are but a speck of nothingness, an informal settler on the face of this planet, and this planet will go on without us.

I do care however this warm mug of chocolate in front of me, wishing that somewhere out there, someone is sharing the same mug of chocolate drink and saying to himself, how blessed and lucky he is for being alive, for being healthy, for having a wonderful family, for being at peace and for a benevolent planet that allows him to exist.

If only, there is someone to share this drink with....

Background music: Alone Again by Gilbert O'Sullivan


Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Sun Cellular

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?