13 January 2012

Page 13 of 266 Book 2012

Trending on twitter last night was #ChildhoodMovies. A flashback of 80's movies, stars and music avalanched and started me tweeting --- Date with an Angel, The Goonies, Superman, Clash of the Titans (Yes, they did not revive the mechanical own in the 2010 remake. Shame!), Hercules, The Never Ending Story, Lost Boys, Fright Night, Nightmare on Elm Street.. etc..etc.. etc..

It also got me wondering, whatever happened to the 80's stars? Phoebe Cates, Jonathan Brandis (who @Shagamy https://twitter.com/#!/Shagamy swears by with loyalty LOL), Devon Sawa (again @Shagamy, not my generation!), The Cast of St. Elmo's Fire (well except for Demi Moore and Rob Lowe who both still have flourishing careers since then). I sure would like a comeback of these 80's stars.

As an 80's baby, I am very fond of music from that era, well, 60's to 90's actually. However, 80's music give me that nostalgic feeling of good vibes that no other era does. I'm not specifically referring to new wave, as it is but part and parcel of the entire genre (if you argue with me I will have to kill you).

As a kid, I was very fond of Jose Mari Chan, well in fact "Tell Me Your Name" was the first commercial song I learned to sing. I still worship Jose Mari Chan after all these years. I've learned that Zsa Zsa Padilla's "Minsan Pa" was very heartwarming and at the age of nine, I swear I could have sang it a dozen of times along with "Somewhere Out There" on evening of the summer of 1986. Archie D's "Mahal na Mahal Kita" was a hit for me, though I never really know what love meant at that time. There were a lot of very good songs.

If one goes global, hits from Toto are a classic favorite. I personally like "Africa" among other hits. Chicago's "WIll You Still Love Me" is a personal favorite. But one cannot minimize the fact that there are still other great artists like Basia, Everything But The Girl, George Michael, Phil Collins, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Deniece Williams, Tears for Fears, The Petshop Boys....the list just goes on and on and on.

I don't really know why I am so positive with the 80's. Maybe because life then was easy and happy. Or maybe, I just had more of the 80's in my system. I will never know. Nonetheless, I like it.

How was your childhood?

Background Music : In My Dreams by REO Speedwagon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?