24 January 2012

Page 24 of 366 Book 2012

Hello. My name is Choi and I am a Foursquare addict. Yes, I am an addict. I have an extra blackberry battery to make sure that my check ins are prompt and accurate. I abhor conditions where I cannot get a decent BIS and I spend time engaging in Twitter War with my service provider if I cannot check in. I hate deadspots, inaccurate GPS coordinates and mishandled check ins.

I get mad if I am ousted as mayor of a venue and I always plot my revenge to reclaim such mayorship (though I still know not what the benefits of it are other than the extra points. Mind you, there aren't a lot of establishments offering privileges to mayors). I will go to great lengths to maintain such mayorship even if it exhausts me. Worse, if someone ousts me, I make sure to oust that person from all of the venues he is mayor of.

I love leaderboards, though, it does not sit well with me if I am not on the top ten. I mean, common, who cares about 11? Or 12? You gotta be in the top 10. I make sure to bypass all others that hinder my way on reaching the 10th spot. And when I do, I shout victory to the top of my lungs.

I love points and more special points. Though, I know not what to do with these. I love badges to the point that I research on how to acquire a specific badge and make sure that I follow the steps religiously for that coveted badge. If I don't, I will not stop until that badge is posted on my profile page. Yes, I have to have that badge, even if it is specific to a certain product, show or entity.... or what have you....

But I hate being stalked. I hate being monitored, and I hate that my whereabouts are being questioned. 

But what about the points? The badges? The friends?

Man, I need a Foursquare rehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?