15 January 2012

Page 15 of 366 Book 2012

As I look back on the years that passed, I realized that I have undergone more metamorphosis than I have ever imagine. I could only look back to the time when I was 15 and I can truly say, so much has changed. I sometimes miss being 15. Fifteen was the heyday of my life as a senior (yes, I was the youngest in my class, younger by a year than the entire graduating batch). Not to brag but, I was probably doing very good - graduated valedictorian, president of almost all clubs except Math Club (I hated Math ever since), won several competitions in writing and Super Quiz Bees, even joining some local stints where I had to parade myself wearing skimpy beach wear. Those were the times.

When I was 15, I I had a lot of goals - more than a lot that accomplishing even half of these might drive a person mad. But as I grew older, I realized, I cannot have everything. Strike showbiz out (though I sometimes wonder, what would have happened if I wasn't too lazy attending those acting workshops), strike modeling out (though, sometimes, I think it parading myself again in underwear at 18 wasn't too bad), strike politics out (yes, I wanted to be President, I still do) and what have you - a nine to five (five? who are you kidding?) office employee who is a twitter addict and a mall rat.

I don't regret not having everything I've always wanted, nor being someone I've always wanted to be. I've always believed that I am where I am meant to be. At any given time, if I am meant to tread another path, I know that I will get on that road no matter what. I have faith, and I am forever grateful for the things that I have now and the person that I am now.

Background Music : Both Sides Now by Sharon Cuneta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?